Revelation Time is Now
We have been studying the Revelation of Jesus Christ that Apostle John received from the Lord. However, one common element is missing from every chapter, so far, time. No time is provided for events. Nevertheless, the Lord gave us three time guides concerning when events in the Book of Revelation should occur.
Keeping in mind, The Revelation of Jesus Christ is a prophecy. Also bear in mind, John got this Revelation many years ago, therefore, what was prophecy then, may have fulfilled since because time has elapsed and is constantly elapsing. John received the Revelation of Jesus Christ to inform Believers of “things which must shortly come to pass.”
Also, bear in mind the Lord’s guide for us to assess time in terms of Revelation of Jesus Christ is detailed in Revelation Chapter One Verse Nineteen:
“Write the things which thou hast seen, and the things which are, and the things which shall be hereafter,” Revelation1:19. This time guide detail three epochs of time seen, now and future time. Seen could either be now or future.
Each chapter in the Revelation of Jesus Christ consists of three groups: things seen, which are, and or things, which shall be hereafter. These are the three general categories of time guide for the events in the Book of Revelation.
Things Which Are: Revelation Time at Hand
Most of John’s prophecy is based on imagery, therefore, the “things seen” will be a common feature permeating the entire Revelation of Jesus Christ. However, the “things which are” John deals with starting in Revelation Chapter One with John’s greetings. “Things which are ” are also very noticeable in the Lord’s seven dictated letters to the seven Churches in Asia. The Lord explains the meaning of what John saw in his first vision in Revelation Chapter One Verse Twenty. Then He starts to dictates the seven letters
Observe the Time – For each letter observe the language and the tense of verbs:
- To “the angel of the Church of Ephesus write”: The Lord speaks of the present, “I know your works” and “they are Apostles,” convey the present, Revelation 2:1-7.
- To “the angel of the Church in Smyrna write”: The Lord continues to speak of the now, “I know” and “they are Jews” dealing with the now, Revelation 2:8-11
- To “the angel of the Church in Pergamos write”: More of the same, “I have”, “repent’ etc., Revelation 2:12-17.
- To “the angel of the Church in Thyatira write”: “I know thy works”, “I have a few things against” you etc., Revelation 2:18-29.
- To “the angel of the Church in Sardis write:” “Be watchful” and “that are ready to die” etc., Revelation 3:1-6.
- To “the angel of the Church in Philadelphia write: “I have set before” you “an open door, and no man can shut it” you have “a little strength” etc., Revelation 3:7-13.
- To “the angel of the Church of the Laodiceans write:” “I know thy works” and “I am rich, and increased with goods” etc.,Revelation 3:14- 22.
Revelation Time - See Things as They Are
Sunday Bible Study: – 01/29/2012
How to Fast
Monday Bible Study: – 01/30/2012
Which Political System Represents The Beast?
Tuesday Bible Study: – 01/31/2012
One Positive Way to Identify The Beast
Wednesday Bible Study:-02/01/2012
Do You Know Where Satan’s Seat is?
Thursday Bible Study:- 02/02/2012
Why Did The Politician Blaspheme God?
Friday Bible Study: – 02/03/2012
Jesus Foretold the Deception of the Second Beast
Future Revelation Time and Revelation Future Time and Things
Then things change, the language, the tone and the tense all changed at the start of Revelation Chapter Four.
Finally, “things hereafter” start at Revelation Chapter Four Verse One and continue to the end of the Book. These are future events many are for the end of time.
“After this I looked, and, behold, a door was opened in heaven: and the first voice which I heard was as it were of a trumpet talking with me; which said, Come up hither, and I will shew thee things which must be hereafter,” Revelation 4:1.
Enter your email to receive exclusive content. Get UPDATES.
The Lord made no mention of time for the seven seals, no mention of time for the seven woes and no mention of time for the any of the beasts. However, in each case we can use the time guide to assess the time.
Where are we now in time? Time is constantly going by what was prophesied by John as future events maybe happening, fulfilling now. Therefore, friends stay ready, be ready because when you think not the Son of Man may come.
Please leave your comments.